Spinach Fettucine with Ham
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) spinach fettucine
210 g (7 oz) cooked ham, in thin strips
50 ml (1/4 cup) butter
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
250 ml (1 cup / 100 g) mozzarella cheese, grated
125 ml (1/2 cup / 60 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
50 ml (1/4 cup) basil leaves, shredded
50 ml (1/4 cup) green onion, green part only, sliced thinly
Basil leaves, as required
- In a saucepan, fry the ham gently in the butter for about 10 minutes. Add the cream, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, pepper, shredded basil and green onions.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the ham and cream mixture and the cheese mixture to the pasta, tossing gently to combine.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil leaves.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2561