Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
“I make this spicy shrimp pasta a lot because it’s a something my family never seems to get tired of. The sauce is so fast to make I can get it done while the fettuccine is cooking. In the past, I have added red peppers and spinach, but who’s to say you could not add mushrooms or more or less spice.” —Stephanie Beluk, Sharpsburg, Georgia
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 package fettuccine 16 ounces
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red serrano pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce 15 ounces
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute garlic and serrano pepper in butter and oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp and seasonings; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and broth; heat through. Drain fettuccine. Serve with shrimp mixture.
1 serving: 427 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 29g protein.