Spicy Peach-Glazed Grilled Chicken
“Simple chicken on the grill can’t compare with this wake-up-the-taste-buds version. It has just the right mix of spicy and sweet flavours.” —Karen Sparks, Glendora, California
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 tbsp finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 plus 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Reserve half of the glaze for serving.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt; place on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-9 minutes longer, brushing tops occasionally with remaining glaze. Serve with reserved glaze.
ear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 chicken breast half : 299 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fibre), 35g protein.