Spaghettini with Tuna and Mushrooms
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
30 g (1 oz) dried porcini mushrooms
250 ml (1 cup) warm water
450 g (1 lb) spaghettini
30 ml (2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves, garlic, crushed
125 ml (1/2 cup / 90 g) mild pancetta, in strips
750 ml (3 cups / 340 g) white mushrooms, sliced
1 red tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
1 can, 198 g (7 oz) oil-packed tuna, drained and flaked
Coarse (Kosher) salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, soak the porcini in the warm water for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, add the garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring. Remove the garlic. Add the pancetta and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Reserve 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the mushroom soaking liquid, then drain the mushrooms, pat them dry and chop.
- In the same skillet, sauté the porcini and white mushrooms for 3 minutes. Add the reserved soaking liquid and reduce for 5 minutes. Add the diced tomato, tuna, salt and pepper and stir delicately to combine.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and heat while stirring to coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately on heated plates.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2626