Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 10
Cooking time: 12
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450g (14oz) spaghetti
2 onions, sliced
6 small zucchini into chunks
8 zucchini flowers
235ml (1 cup) vegetable broth
2.5ml (½ tsp) saffron
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
15ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave off thin pieces of Parmesan.
- In a large pot, boil salted water, then cook spaghetti al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oiI in a large skillet.
- Add onions and cook until transparent. Add diced zucchini and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable stock and saffron.
- Remove center pistils of zucchini flower. Cut blossoms and add to pan. Cover and cook on low heat a few minutes.
- Add spaghetti to vegetables and mix well.
- Serve topped with Parmesan shavings.