Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
⅓ cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
⅓ cup (75 mL) bread crumbs (preferably panko)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ tsp (1 mL) hot red chili flakes
3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley, divided
¾ lb (375 g) spaghetti
1 tsp (5 mL) salt, or more to taste
¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Place 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil in a large, deep skillet and heat. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Remove to a bowl and wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- Add remaining oil to pan, then add garlic and chili flakes. Cook gently until garlic is very fragrant and tender, but do not brown.
- Add half the parsley, then remove the pan from heat. If the garlic is browning too much, add ¼ cup (50 mL) water to the mix.
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- While the pasta’s still cooking, add ½ cup (125 mL) pasta water to the garlic mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the garlic sauce in then pan. Toss gently until liquid is absorbed.
- Add bread crumbs and remaining parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:3463