Spaghetti & Meatball Soup
“A couple of nights a week our family ends up eating in shifts because everyone is going every which way, all at the same time. Having a hearty soup simmering in the slow cooker is an easy way to give them all a warm meal.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs bulk mild Italian sausage
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 jar marinara sauce 24 oz.
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Parmesan rind optional
- 8 oz angel hair pasta broken into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Additional Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
Editor's note: To make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
1-1/2 cups: 394 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1452mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fibre), 17g protein.