Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
3 garlic cloves, halved
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
210 g (7 oz) pancetta, diced
Pepper, freshly ground to taste
250 ml (1 cup) veal or beef stock
60 ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cream
45 ml (3 tbsp) Bella Lodi cheese, grated
45 ml (3 tbsp) Romano cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
350 g (3/4 lb) spaghetti
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped parsley
- In a saucepan, heat garlic, pancetta and pepper in olive oil, cooking until pancetta is lightly browned.
- Deglaze with the stock and wine. Allow to reduce for several minutes over high heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream and cheeses (reserve a little cheese for garnish). Add salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until just al dente.
- Drain pasta. Place in the pan with the liquid. Remove from heat and add the pancetta and egg mixture.
- Stir quickly. Transfer to a heated serving platter and serve with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese and chopped parsley.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2227