Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 onion, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
450 g (1 lb) lean ground beef
2 zucchini, grated coarsely
1 can, 796 ml (28 oz) seasoned, diced Italian plum tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
450 g (1 lb) spaghetti
500 ml (2 cups / 200 g) Mozzarella, grated
- In a saucepan, soften the onion in the oil. Turn heat to high, add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon, until all the cooking juices have evaporated.
- Add the zucchini and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook 15 minutes, uncovered, over medium heat.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and add to the sauce.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in half the cheese.
- Serve garnished with the remaining cheese.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2503