Smoked Salmon Ravioli
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
875 ml (3 1/2 cups) unbleached flour
60 ml (1/4 cup) warm water
7.5 ml (1/2 tbsp.) salt
1 egg white
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
4 French shallots, chopped
350 g (12 oz) smoked salmon, flaked
125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
salt and pepper to taste
500 g (1 lb) ricotta cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
15 ml (1 tbsp) bread crumbs
500 ml (2 cups) 35% cream
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
Parmesan cheese, shaved to taste
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp) capers
- Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Break the eggs into the well, then add the warm water and salt.
- Mix with a wooden spoon, incorporating the flour gradually.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic – about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth. Set aside on counter.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the shallots. Deglaze with the wine. Reduce 2 minutes. Remove from heat, then add smoked salmon, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the Fiorella and grated Bella Lodi cheeses, the smoked salmon mix and bread crumbs.
- Roll out dough as thinly as possible on a floured surface. Cut dough into strips. Place small spoonfuls of stuffing in a row down the middle of one strip. Brush the edges of the dough with beaten egg white. Cover with another strip of dough, pressing down with your fingers along the edges and in between the ravioli to seal.
- Cut the ravioli using a pastry wheel or ravioli form.
- In a small frying pan, reduce wine and cream. Add pepper. Reduce another 5 minutes over low heat. Add dill. Set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the ravioli in boiling salted water until they rise to the surface.
- Drain ravioli and serve with the cream sauce, garnished with Parmesan shavings, more chopped dill, and capers.
For coloured ravioli dough, add one of the following:
Green: 45 ml (3 tbsp.) pureed spinach.
Red: 45 ml (3 tbsp.) pureed beets.
Yellow: 5 ml (1 tsp.) saffron soaked in 30 ml (2 tbsp.) warm water.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2165