Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 lasagna noodles
1 bag, 284 g (10 oz) spinach, washed, dried and torn in pieces
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 slices (225 g / 8 oz) smoked salmon
12 thin slices (225 g / 8 oz) light provolone cheese, each slice cut in half
500 ml (2 cups) commercial tomato sauce
180 ml (3/4 cup) 35% cream
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Rinse in cold water, oil each noodle lightly and set aside in a single layer on a clean tea towel.
- In a saucepan, wilt the spinach in the oil. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Place a slice of smoked salmon and some of the spinach on each lasagna noodle. Top with 2 half-slices of cheese and roll up. Arrange the rolls in a greased casserole, seam side down.
- In a saucepan, heat the tomato sauce. Stir in the cream, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the rolls, top each roll with a half-slice of cheese, and bake 20 minutes.
- Serve two rolls per person, with the sauce spooned over the top.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2430