Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
12 ounces linguine pasta
12 ounces boneless pork loin
1 tablespoon (15 mL) dry sherry or rice wine
1 tablespoon (15 mL) soy sauce
2 teaspoons (10 mL) sugar
1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons (10 mL) finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
3 cups (750 mL) coarsely shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage
1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
6 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths and thinly sliced lengthwise
3\4 cup (190 mL) reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
2 tablespoons (30 mL) bottled oyster sauce
1 1\4 teaspoons (7 mL) cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
1\4 cup (65 mL) fresh bean sprouts
1 teaspoon (5 mL) dark sesame oil
- In large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook linguine until tender, following package directions. Drain and cool under cold running water. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, cut pork into 1\8-inch-thick slices across grain. Cut slices into bite-size pieces.
- In medium bowl, stir together sherry, soy sauce, and sugar. Add pork and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry 15 seconds. Add pork mixture. Stir-fry just until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to skillet. Add cabbage. Stir-fry over medium-high heat, 2 minutes. Add peas and scallions. Stir-fry 1 minute. Add broth and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Lower heat. Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 30 seconds. Add pork and linguine. Cook just until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in bean sprouts and sesame oil. Serve at once.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:432