Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 to 1.2 L (4 to 5 cups) flour
500 ml (2 cups) coarse (Kosher) salt
5 ml (1 tsp) freshly ground white pepper
500 ml (2 cups) water
1 pheasant, 1.5 kg (3.5 lb) cut in 4, skin removed
20 leaves each fresh basil and rosemary, chopped
4 leek leaves, white part only, blanched
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and water, working until it forms a smooth dough.
- Rub the herbs into the pheasant pieces and wrap each piece in a leek leaf.
- On a baking sheet, flatten ¼ of the dough with your hands. Place a piece of pheasant on top and fold the dough over, sealing as tightly as possible. Repeat with remaining dough and pheasant.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- At dinner time, break the crust, remove the pheasant pieces and serve with fig compote.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2547