Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 15 Minutes + cooling
Cooking time: 16 Minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1/4 cup grapefruit juice
1.5 tablespoons mustard
1.5 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 salmon fillets (170g each)
700g kale, large stems removed and leaves chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- In baking dish large enough to hold fish fillets in single layer, combine grapefruit juice, mustard, honey, and pepper flakes. Add salmon to dish, turning to coat both sides with marinade. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. In large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add kale. Return water to boil and cook 5 minutes. Drain well. Squeeze out excess water.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add red and yellow bell peppers. Sauté 1 minute. Add kale. Sauté until peppers and kale are tender, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and keep warm.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Place, skin side down, on rack in foil-lined broiler pan. Reserve marinade.
- Broil salmon 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Brush on remaining marinade. Broil until fish is opaque and flakes when touched with knife, 3 to 4 minutes. If fish begins to brown too much, move to lower rack in broiler. Serve salmon on bed of kale and peppers.