Roasted Ratatouille Lasagna
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
2 large onions, cut into ½-in (1-cm) chunks
3 medium zucchini
3 Asian eggplants, cut into ½-in (1-cm) chunks
2 sweet red peppers, peeled and cut into ½-in (1-cm) chunks
2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
2 tsp (10 mL) salt, or to taste
¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme
1 head garlic, top ¼ sliced off
3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
¼ cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
3 cups (750 mL) 1% milk, hot
1 tsp ( 5 mL) salt
¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp (2 mL) Tabasco sauce
1½ cups (375 mL) goat cheese, crumbled (12 oz)
¾ lb (375 g) fusilli or other curly pasta
½ cup (125 mL) grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Combine onions, zucchini, eggplants, peppers and tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Spread on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Wrap garlic in aluminum foil and place on one of the baking sheets. Roast in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender and nicely browned. Unwrap and squeeze garlic out of casing into vegetables. Reserve.
- For béchamel sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook gently 2 to 3 minutes but do not brown. Whisk in hot milk and bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper or more to taste. Season with Worcestershire and Tabasco. Cook, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Add goat cheese.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well. Toss with vegetables.
- To assemble, spread about ½ cup (125 mL) sauce over the bottom of a buttered 9- x 13-in
(3-L) baking dish. Spread pasta/vegetable mixture over pan. Spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Place casserole dish on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven, until bubbling and lightly browned.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:3225