Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 bunches arugula, rinsed and spun dry
Olive oil, as required
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp)basil pesto
150 g (5 oz / 375 ml) goat cheese, grated
1 boneless, skinless turkey breast, 1 kg (2 lb 2 oz)
75 ml (1/3 cup) grey shallots, sliced thinly
50 ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- In a skillet, soften the garlic and arugula in the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the pesto and season to taste.
- In a 20 cm (8 in) non-stick skillet, fry the egg mixture in a little oil. Sprinkle with the cheese and arugula. Cook until the cheese begins to melt. Fold the omelette in half and set aside on a plate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Open the turkey breast like a book by slicing not quite through the thickness lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the omelette on one side of the turkey, fold the other side over it and secure with string.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat a little oil and brown the meat on both sides.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 50 minutes. Remove the meat from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, soften the shallots and deglaze with the vinegar. Add the stock and reduce by half.
- Remove the string from the turkey roll, slice and serve with the sauce.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2550