Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 medium onion, chopped finely
8 leaves sage, in thin strips
60 ml (4 tbsp) butter
450 g (1 lb) butternut, seeded and peeled, in 1 cm (½ inch) dice
125 ml (½ cup) white wine
1.25 L (5 cups) chicken stock, at a simmer
375 ml (1½ cups) Arborio rice, not rinsed
300 ml (1¼ cups / 125 g) Goat cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Sage leaves, fried in oil, as required
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onion and sage leaves in the butter.
- Add the squash and cook, stirring to coat well with butter.
- Add the wine and 250 ml (1 cup) of the hot stock. Cover and simmer 15 minutes until the squash is cooked al dente. Uncover and reduce over very high heat until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the rice and 180 ml (¾ cup) of the stock, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until all the liquid is absorbed. Repeat the process until all the stock has been used and the rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese. Mix well and season.
- Serve in heated soup plates, garnished with fried sage leaves.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2409