Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 large onion, chopped finely
75 ml (⅓ cup) butter
500 ml (2 cups) Arborio rice, not rinsed
250 ml (1 cup) red wine
1 can, 284 ml (10 oz) beef bouillon
1 L (4 cups) water
300 g (10 oz) Genoa salami, casing removed, sliced in thin strips
60 ml (4 tbsp / 30 g) Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
Salt, to taste
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onion in 45 ml (3 tbsp) of butter.
- Add the rice and stir 2 minutes to coat each grain with butter. Add the wine and cook while stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- In a saucepan, bring the water and bouillon just to a boil. Reduce the heat and keep at a gentle simmer.
- Add the salami and 250 ml (1 cup) of the hot liquid to the rice. Cook while stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat the process, adding 125 ml (½ cup) of stock at a time until all the liquid has been used and the rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Remove from heat, add the rest of the butter and the grated cheese. Mix well and season to taste.
- Serve in heated soup plates.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2410