Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 large onion, chopped finely
60 ml (4 tbsp) butter
500 ml (2 cups / 400 g) Arborio rice, not rinsed
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
1 L (4 cups) chicken stock, at a simmer
250 ml (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Flat-leaf parsley, chopped, as required
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onion in 45 ml (3 tbsp) of butter.
- Add the rice and stir 2 minutes to coat each grain with butter. Add the wine and cook while stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 250 ml (1 cup) of the hot stock. Cook and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Repeat the process, adding 125 ml (1/2 cup) of stock at a time, until all the stock has been used and the rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Remove from heat, add the rest of the butter and the grated Parmesan. Mix well and season to taste.
- Serve in heated soup plates, sprinkled with parsley.