Risotto With Parmesan
The secret to a great risotto is all in the timing. Add the stock gradually and stir constantly. It’s as straightforward as that! This classic recipe goes with any kind of main dish.
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 large onion, chopped finely
60 ml (4 tbsp) butter
500 ml (2 cups / 400 g) Arborio rice, not rinsed
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
1 L (4 cups) chicken stock, at a simmer
250 ml (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Flat-leaf parsley, chopped, as required
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onion in 45 ml (3 tbsp) of butter.
- Add the rice and stir 2 minutes to coat each grain with butter. Add the wine and cook while stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 250 ml (1 cup) of the hot stock. Cook and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Repeat the process, adding 125 ml (1/2 cup) of stock at a time, until all the stock has been used and the rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Remove from heat, add the rest of the butter and the grated Parmesan. Mix well and season to taste.
- Serve in heated soup plates, sprinkled with parsley.