Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
180 ml (3/4 cup) onion, chopped finely
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
250 ml (1 cup / 170 g) prosciutto, in small dice
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Arborio rice, not rinsed
1 lemon, zest only, grated
75 ml (1/3 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
1.25 L (5 cups)chicken stock, at a simmer
250 ml (1 cup) frozen peas
250 ml (1 cup / 90 g) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to taste
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onion in the butter and oil.
- Add the prosciutto, rice and grated lemon zest. Cook a few minutes, stirring to coat the rice well. Add the lemon juice and stir until it is completely absorbed.
- Add half the stock, reduce the heat and cook until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add another 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the stock, stirring until the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat the process until all the stock has been used and the rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Add the peas, remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Mix well and season to taste.
- Serve in heated soup plates, sprinkled with parsley.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2411