Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 large onion, chopped finely
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
60 ml (4 tbsp) butter
500 ml (2 cups / 400 g) Arborio rice, not rinsed
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
450 g (1 lb) beets, cooked, peeled and diced
1.25 L (5 cups) chicken stock, at a simmer
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
200 g Blue cheese, rind removed, diced
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onion in the olive oil and half of the butter for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, to coat each grain. Add the wine and reduce until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the beets and 250 ml / 1 cup of the hot stock. Cook and stir until the stock has been absorbed by the rice. Repeat the process, adding 125 ml / 1/2 cup of stock at a time, until all the stock has been used and rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the butter. Season and stir.
- Serve in heated soup plates, topped with diced Bleubry.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2407