Risotto With Asparagus
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 small onion, chopped finely
45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
330 ml (1 1/3 cups) Arborio rice, not rinsed
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken stock
2 cans, 341 ml (12 oz each) asparagus tips with their liquid
250 ml (1 cup) 15% cream
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese, shaved, to taste
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, wilt the onion in the butter.
- Add the rice and stir 2 minutes to coat each grain with butter.
- In a second saucepan, combine the chicken stock and asparagus, with their liquid. (As the liquid is added to the risotto, the asparagus will lose its shape and dissolve into the mixture.)
- Add 250 ml / 1 cup of the liquid mixture to the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Repeat the process, adding 125 ml / 1/2 cup of liquid at a time until all the liquid has been used.
- Add the cream and continue cooking until the rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Season and serve in heated soup plates, sprinkled with cheese shavings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2408