Number of servings : 4-6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) rigatoni
75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) hot pepper flakes
10 ml (2 tsp) dried oregano
1 can, 796 ml (28 oz) Italian plum tomatoes, diced
225 g (1/2 lb) arugula, rinsed and spun dry
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
250 ml (1 cup / 120 g) Parmesan, grated
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the garlic and hot pepper and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the arugula and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and reheat, tossing well to coat with sauce.
- Transfer to a heated serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese.