Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
900 g (2 lb) small red snapper
150 ml (2/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
5 ml (1 tsp) anchovy paste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
60 ml (4 tbsp) fresh basil leaves, snipped
- Grate the lemon, orange and lime zest and set aside.
- Juice the lemons.
- Combine 75 ml (1/3 cup) of the olive oil, the grated citrus zest and the lemon juice in a sealable plastic bag. Add the fish, seal the bag and marinate for 2 hours.
- While fish is marinating, peel the oranges and lime. Remove segments (see TIP below) and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F.
- Remove the fish and pat dry gently. Reserve the marinade.
- In a non-stick pan over medium-low heat, fry the fish for 1 minute on each side in the remaining olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet when done.
- Bake the fish for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven, arrange on a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, the anchovy paste and the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes over very low heat.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, arrange the citrus segments on and around the fish, and sprinkle with snipped basil.
- If desired, use more citrus quarters for additional garnish.
Tip: With a very sharp knife, slice off the ends of the fruits and remove the peel, cutting as close to the flesh as possible. Remove all remaining bits of white pith. Slide the knife blade between the membranes to remove the individual segments.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2335