Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) balsamic vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp) orange juice concentrate
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
1 ml (¼ tsp) ground cayenne pepper
8 quail, spatchcocked*
Olive oil, as required
15 ml (1 tbsp) Italian seasoning
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 orange, zest only in thin strips
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small saucepan, reduce the vinegar by half. Add the orange juice, salt and cayenne.
- Brush the quail with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Grill the quail, skin side down, for about 10 minutes.
- Turn and continue grilling until cooked through, brushing occasionally with the vinegar mixture.
- Serve garnished with orange zest.
*To spatchcock a fowl: Cut from head to tail on either side of the backbone, so the backbone can be lifted out and the bird opened like a book. The splayed bird will lie flat, but press on the breastbone to flatten further. You can do this yourself or have your butcher do it for you. The French term is “en crapaudine”
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2469