Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 small red onion, sliced
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
200 g (7 oz*) (see Pizza Basic Pizza Dough recipe)
Corn meal, as required
2 medium red potatoes
2 sprigs, rosemary, leaves only, chopped
2 ml (1/2 tsp) dried pepper flakes
500 ml (2 cups / 250 g) caciocavallo cheese, diced
50 ml (1/4 cup/ 30 g) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Coarse (Kosher) salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 230ºC / 450ºF.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in half of the oil and butter until caramelized. Set aside on the counter.
- Stretch the dough out to form a 30 cm (12 in) circle.
- Sprinkle some corn meal on a baking sheet and place the dough on top.
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes and arrange the slices over the pizza, leaving a 2.5 cm (1 in) edge all around. Drizzle with oil and add the caramelized onions, rosemary, pepper flakes and cheeses. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until the cheeses are melted and golden and the crust is nicely browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
*One-quarter of the recipe.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2705