Pork Roast With Garlic and Rosemary
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 sprig rosemary, leaves minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
1.5 kg (3 1/2 lb) boneless pork loin, tied, bones reserved*
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
325 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic and oil. Set aside.
- With the tip of a small, sharp knife, cut several slits all over the meat. Rub the roast completely with the rosemary mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bones in the bottom of a roasting pan and set the roast on top of them.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 170°C / 325°F. Baste the meat with a few spoonfuls of stock and continue roasting another 30 minutes per pound, or until the interior temperature is 75°C / 160°F. Baste with stock every 20 minutes throughout the roasting time.
- Remove the roast from the oven, discard the string, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Discard the bones and deglaze the roasting pan with the remaining chicken stock. Skim the fat from the pan juices and transfer to a gravy boat.
- Place the roast on a heated serving platter and serve with the pan gravy.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2535