Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
2 cans, 796 ml (28 oz each) Italian plum tomatoes, drained and seeded
250 ml (1 cup) olive oil
2 sprigs rosemary
450 g (1 lb) Pizza Dough
1 container, 500 g bocconcini cheese, drained and sliced
- In a saucepan over very low heat, cook the tomatoes in the oil with the rosemary for three hours. Allow to cool. Drain the tomatoes and reserve the oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C ⁄ 425°F.
- Stretch the dough out into a 30-cm (12 in) circle and press into a pizza pan.
- Top with tomato confit.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Spread the cheese over the pizza and bake until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with the oil from the tomatoes.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2606