Pizza with Salmon and Asparagus
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
75 ml (1/3 cup) butter
75 ml (1/3 cup) flour
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
30 ml (2 tbsp) smoked salmon, flaked
60 g (1/2 cup) Cacciocavallo cheese, grated
300 g (10 oz) pizza dough
90 g (3/4 cup) Mozzarella cheese, grated
225 g (½ lb) fresh salmon, sliced thinly
15 ml (1 tbsp) chives, minced
15 ml (1 tbsp) capers
1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 225˚C /450˚F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Sprinkle with flour and blend with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Whisk in milk and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon. Turn off the heat and add the Cacciocavallo. Stir until cheese is melted and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Roll out dough into a 36-cm (14-in.) circle. Place on an oiled pan. Spread cooled sauce over the dough and sprinkle with Mozzarellissima.
- Arrange fresh salmon over the cheese and garnish with chives and capers.
- Blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes in boiling, salted water. drain, pat dry and arrange on top of the pizza.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for about 20 minutes.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2156