Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 ml (1/2 package) active dry yeast
250 ml (1 cup) warm water
5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
560 ml (2 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
75 ml (1/3 cup) spiced oil
1 small yellow zucchini cut in 55 mm (1/4 in.) slices
1 small green zucchini cut in 55 mm (1/4 in.) slices
1 portobello mushroom, cut in 55 mm (1/4 in.) slices
75 ml (1/3 cup) red onion, cut into rings
4 canned Italian plum tomatoes drained, diced
30 ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
180 ml (3/4 cup) Mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 red pepper, grilled or preserved, cut in strips
5 black and green olives
2 marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
180 ml (3/4 cup) Feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, mix half the warm water with sugar and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes to activate.
- In a large bowl, blend 250 ml (1 cup) of the flour with the salt. Make a well in the middle.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the well. Bit by bit, add another 250 ml (1 cup) of flour, the olive oil and remaining water, mixing well with your hands as you go until the dough has formed a ball.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
Remove the dough to a floured surface (use remaining flour), punch it down and knead it for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in two. Roll out each piece into a 20 cm (8 in.) circle.
- Place on a slightly oiled baking sheet and top with your favourite toppings.
- Brush sliced vegetables (zucchini, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes) with spiced oil and arrange on a non-stick baking sheet. Roast in oven at 225°C / 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven. Turn them over and brush with spiced oil.
- Place pizza dough on an oiled baking sheet. Spread diced tomatoes over the top and sprinkle with the Parmesan and half the Mozzarella cheese. Arrange the roasted vegetables, artichokes, red peppers and olives as desired.
- Finish with the remaining Mozzarella cheese and the pieces of Feta cheese. Top with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake pizza on middle rack of the oven at 225°C / 450°F for 20 minutes.
Variation: Pattypan (scallop) squash may be used instead of zucchini.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2160