Pizza with Bocconcini, Tomatoes and Aragula
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
400 g (14 oz) fresh pizza dough
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
2 medium onions, sliced thinly
2 large tomatoes, sliced thinly
Salt and freshly ground pepper
45 ml / 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 200-g container bocconcini cheese, sliced thinly
500 ml / 2 cups arugula, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- Stretch pizza dough to fit a 30-cm / 12-inch round baking sheet. Allow to rise 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a frying pan, soften the onions in the oil, but do not brown. Set aside to cool.
- Spread onions over pizza dough. Arrange tomato slices over the top, sprinkle with basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on middle rack for approximately 20 minutes or until the crust is well browned. Turn oven off.
- Arrange cheese slices over the pizza and return to oven for 5 minutes. (Leave oven off).
- Remove pizza from oven and cover with arugula. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2369