Pepper Steak with Squash
“Serve this colourful stir-fry with savory strips of flank steak and plenty of veggies over rice for a satisfying supper that’s on the table in less than half an hour.” —Gayle Lewis, Yucaipa, California
- 1 can reduced-sodium beef broth 14-1/2 ounces
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp canola oil divided
- 1 beef flank steak cut into thin strips, 1 pound
- 1 medium green pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts drained, 8 ounces
- hot cooked rice
Test Kitchen Tip
Spice this recipe up a bit by adding ginger, sesame oil or a touch of hoisin sauce.
1-1/2 cups stir-fry (calculated without rice): 229 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fibre), 18g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.