Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
3 cloves garlic, smashed
5 ml (1 tsp) hot pepper flakes
1 can, 796 ml (28 oz) whole Italian tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
1 pinch baking soda
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
450 g (1 lb) pennine rigate
1 piece, 90 g (3 oz) Parmesan cheese
Sprigs of fresh basil, to taste
- In a large pan, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, simmer gently, uncovered, for 40 minutes, stirring frequently to crush the tomatoes.
- Add the baking soda and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta (but do not rinse) and transfer to a hot serving platter. Add the sauce and toss well.
- Grate the whole piece of Parmesan directly onto the pasta, garnish with basil and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2393