Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ricotta
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) penne or rigatoni
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) onions, finely chopped
250 g (1/2 lb) Sila Italian sausage, removed from casing and crumbled
796 ml (28 oz) canned tomatoes, diced
250 ml (1 cup) ricotta cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh basil, shredded
60 ml (1/4 cup) Parmesan, grated
Fresh basil or oregano to taste
- In a saucepan, sauté the chopped onion in the butter.
- Add the crumbled sausage meat and brown over high heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
- When the desired consistency is achieved, add the ricotta and basil. Stir.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- To serve, pour sauce over pasta and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Garnish with basil or oregano leaves.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2231