Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves, garlic, chopped
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
1 ml (1/4 tsp) red pepper flakes
5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
1 can, 796 ml (28 oz) Italian plum tomatoes, diced, with their liquid
1 can, 425 ml (15 oz) chick peas, rinsed and drained
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
450 g (1 lb) linguine
1 bag, 280 g (10 oz) spinach, trimmed, rinsed and dried
Parmesan, shaved, to taste
- In a saucepan, soften the onion, carrot and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the red pepper flakes, oregano, wine and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered. for 30 minutes.
- Add the chick peas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and transfer to a large, hot bowl.
- Reheat the sauce, add the spinach and cook two minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and serve with Parmesan shavings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2684