Orecchiette with Rapini
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) orecchiette
1 bunch rapini, rinsed and cut in 5 cm (2 in) pieces
90 g (3 oz) sliced, smoked pancetta, in strips
75 ml (5 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 ml (1/4 tsp) dried chili flakes
125 ml (1/2 cup / 60 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Reserve 180 ml / 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil. Add the rapini and cook until just al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water and dry on a tea towel.
- In a large skillet, sauté the pancetta in the oil. Add the garlic and cook a few seconds. Add the rapini, sauté 2 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and a little of the cooking liquid. Heat through.
- Serve immediately garnished with the chili flakes and grated cheese.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2564