Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
“My husband loves this orange chicken stir-fry, so we have it quite often. I’m delighted with the ingredients as we have six orange trees in our backyard.” —Bunny Bronson, Lake Placid, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium navel orange peeled and sectioned
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- hot cooked rice
- Chopped walnuts and red pepper flakes optional
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat; add chicken, sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook chicken until no longer pink, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and ground ginger. Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1 minute. Add orange segments; stir gently. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with rice. If desired, garnish with chopped walnuts and red pepper flakes.
1 each: 277 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fibre), 20g protein.