Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
10 ml (2 tsp) pesto
1 small hot pepper, seeded, chopped finely
1 clove garlic, crushed
5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
1 lemon, zest grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 pieces, 180 g (6 oz each) salmon filet, skin on
Olive oil, as required
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, hot pepper, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Brush the salmon skin with oil and lightly oil the barbecue grill.
- Place the salmon pieces skin side down on the grill and spread two-thirds of the mayonnaise mixture on top, leaving the sides visible to check for doneness.
- Cover and grill for 10 minutes. Check the skin: if it seems to be cooking to quickly, slide a double sheet of aluminum foil under each filet, cut to the size of the filet.
- Continue cooking until the flesh is almost opaque right through.
- Serve immediately with the remaining mayonnaise.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2618