Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
5 grey shallots, chopped finely
1 small sprig rosemary
50 ml (1/4 cup) butter
1.4 kg (3 lb) mussels, cleaned
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
45 to 50 ml (3 to 4 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter, at room temperature
30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
- In a large stock pot, soften the shallots and rosemary in the butter.
- Add the mussels, cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook over high heat, shaking the pot until all the mussels are open and cooked.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to four deep plates and keep warm. Discard the rosemary.
- Add the wine and cream to the liquid in the pot and reduce by half.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and the flour to make a paste. Add the mixture to the sauce a little at a time, whisking until thickened. Use only as much as you need to obtain the desired consistency.
- Divide the sauce over the mussels and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2571