Monkfish with Feta Crostini
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
4 pieces, 150 g (5 oz) each monkfish, trimmed
4 pieces, 60 g (2 oz each) feta cheese
2 onions, sliced
500 ml (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme leaves
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
175 ml (2/3 cup / 90 g) feta, crumbled
30 ml (2 tbsp) dried tomatoes, cut in strips
1/2 baguette, sliced thinly
- Preheat the barbecue.
- With a sharp knife, cut a slit in each piece of fish and insert a piece of feta.
- Cut four pieces of aluminum foil large enough to make packets for the fish. Oil the foil lightly.
- Arrange some onion slices on each sheet, then top with a piece of fish, some cherry tomato halves, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Close the packets, folding the edges to seal well.
- Place the packets on the grill and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread the baguette slices with the remaining feta, garnish with dried tomato strips and drizzle with oil.
- Just before the fish is done, place the crostini on the grill to melt the cheese.
- Slit open the packages and serve with the crostini.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2617