Mexican Beef-Stuffed Peppers
“I grew up eating stuffed peppers and thought my husband would immediately love them as well. He didn’t at first, but then I created this slow-cooked recipe. Because he loves fajitas and tacos, I created these peppers with all his favourite flavours tucked inside.” – Nicole Sullivan, Arvada, Colorado
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 medium green or sweet red peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package ready-to-serve Spanish rice (8.8 oz.)
- 2 cups Colby-Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, salsa and pepper sauce. Spoon into peppers. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour water around peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with cilantro.
1 stuffed pepper: 646 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 1241mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fibre), 40g protein.