Mediterranean Tilapia Casserole
Number of servings : 4 Prep time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 55 minutes Type of meal : | Main Courses
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 small onion,
90 ml (6 tbsp) olive oil
250 ml (1 cup) Arborio rice, not rinsed
1 L (4 cups) fish stock
2 zucchini, sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
450 g (1 lb) Italian plum tomatoes, sliced thinly
4 fillets, 115 g (4 oz each) tilapia
50 ml (1/4 cup) fresh basil, shredded
- In a skillet, wilt the onion in 45 ml (3 tbsp) of the oil. Add the rice and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 750 ml (3 cups) of the stock, bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes, until the liquid is almost completely absorbed. Transfer to an oven-to-table casserole and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- In a skillet, sauté the zucchini in 45 ml (3 tbsp) of oil over medium-high heat to brown lightly. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Set aside 4 tomato slices. Arrange the remaining tomato slices and all the zucchini slices in alternating layers over the rice in the casserole and cover with the fish fillets. Top each fillet with a slice of tomato.
- Pour the remaining stock over the dish, season with salt and pepper, cover and bake 35 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve.