Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
30 ml (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
2 garlic gloves, chopped finely
125 ml (½ cup) Marsala wine
125 ml (½ cup) chicken broth
150 ml (2/3 cup) 35% cream
12 capers, rinsed
4 x 50-g slices (4 x 2-oz. slices) Mozzarella
4 anchovy fillets
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and flour lightly.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a sauté pan. Cook the chicken breasts gently on both sides over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, Marsala and chicken broth. Add the cream, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts to an ovenproof dish.
- Add the capers to the sauce and reduce for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Bake for 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt slightly.
- Place chicken on a serving dish and pour the sauce over them. Garnish each chicken breast with an anchovy fillet and chopped parsley.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2152