Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: Ready in under 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
A small bunch of fresh dill
11⁄2 lb (680g) new potatoes
1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns
Oil for greasing
4 mackerel ﬁllets, 6oz (170g) each
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 tablespoons natural Greek yogurt
1 full tablespoon (25g) capers
To garnish: 1 lemon
- Put a kettle of water on to boil. Rinse and dry the dill, remove the ﬁne fronds from the stalks, and set both aside separately.
- Scrub the new potatoes and put them into a large saucepan with some salt and the dill stalks. Cover the potatoes with boiling water from the kettle, return to the boil, and cook for 15–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Crush the peppercorns with a pestle and mortar or a rolling pin. Lightly oil the grill rack, lay the ﬁllets on it, skin sides down, and sprinkle with the peppercorns.
- Grill the ﬁllets for 5 minutes, then turn them over, reduce the heat to medium, and grill them for another 5 minutes, or until the skins are blistered. Turn over once more and grill for a further 2 minutes.
- While the ﬁsh is cooking, blend the mayonnaise and yogurt in a bowl. Chop the dill fronds and capers, and mix them in. Cut the lemon into wedges and set aside.
- When the mackerel is cooked, sprinkle the ﬂesh sides with a little salt. Drain the potatoes and remove the dill stalks. Serve the mackerel with the potatoes, dill, mayonnaise, and lemon wedges.
Serving suggestion: You could accompany this dish with Leek and Carrot Stir-fry, or green salad and cherry tomatoes.
Cook’s Suggestion: You will need two large mackerel. To be sure they are absolutely fresh, buy the ﬁsh the day you need them and ask your ﬁsh supplier to ﬁllet them for you.