Macaroni with Cheese and Mushrooms
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) straight macaroni
170 g (6 oz) spicy pancetta, chopped
Olive oil, as required
750 ml (3 cups / 230 g) mushrooms, sliced
500 ml (2 cups) 35% cream
1 package (180 g / 6.5 oz) sliced cheddar cheese, cut in strips
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Hot pepper flakes, to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, sliced thinly
- In a large pot, cook the macaroni al dente according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, fry the pancetta until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a drizzle of oil and sauté the mushrooms until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the pancetta, cream and cheddar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thick. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes.
- Add the macaroni and heat, stirring to coat well with sauce.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2421