Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) asparagus, peeled, in 2.5 cm (1 in) pieces
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
1 lemon, juiced, and zest grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
250 ml (1 cup / 120 g) Grana Padano cheese, grated
450 g (1 lb) linguine
- Set aside the asparagus tips.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream with the rest of the asparagus pieces, the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add half the cheese. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions.
- Two minutes before the pasta is done, add the asparagus tips to the pot. Reserve 125 ml / 1/2 cup of the cooking water before draining.
- Transfer the drained pasta to a large, heated bowl. Add the cheese sauce and reserved cooking water.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2622