Leek Rolls with Cacciocavallo
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
4 leeks, white part only (8 cm / 3 in long), halved lengthwise
8 thin slices (90 g) pancetta
8 thin slices (100 g) Cacciocavallo cheese
250 ml (1 cup) bread crumbs
45 ml (3 tbsp) butter, melted
- Using a steamer basket, steam the leeks for 8 minutes, until just tender. Rinse under cold water and drain on a towel.
- Lay a slice of pancetta on your work surface, cover with a slice of cheese and place a leek half on top. Roll up, and repeat with the remaining pancetta, cheese and leeks.
- Spread half the bread crumbs in the bottom of a baking dish. Place the leek rolls in the dish in a single layer, sprinkle with the remaining crumbs, and drizzle with melted butter.
- Preheat the broiler and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Broil the rolls about 10 minutes, or until the pancetta is crisp and golden.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2554