Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
75 ml (⅓ cup) butter
1 garlic clove, chopped
75 ml (⅓ cup) flour
625 ml (2½ cups) milk
125 ml (½ cup) medium Cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pasta and cheeses:
12 fresh lasagna noodles
180 ml (¾ cup) Mozzarella cheese, grated
150 g (5 oz.) Cacciocavallo cheese, sliced
Grilled vegetables :
75 ml (⅓ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
4 French shallots, quartered
6 garlic cloves, halved and degermed
2 ml (½ tsp.) chili pepper flakes
4 pared artichokes, quartered
8 asparagus spears, in pieces
3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
To taste sea salt
12 basil leaves, snipped
- Preheat oven to 225°C / 450°F.
- In a large pot, cook the fresh pasta for 3 minutes in boiling, salted water. Rinse in cold water, drain, brush with a little oil and set aside on a clean towel.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan, then add the chopped garlic and flour. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for a minute or two, then add the milk gradually, whisking constantly. Allow to thicken for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, sauté the sliced mushrooms in oil over high heat for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add shallots, garlic, pepper flakes, artichokes and asparagus to the pan. Cook as above, remove from pan and reserve.
Assemble the lasagna as follows:
- Pour two ladlefuls of béchamel sauce into the bottom of the lasagna pan. Add a layer of pasta and some of the vegetables. Add another layer of pasta, béchamel sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Add a final a final layer of pasta, and cover with more béchamel sauce.
- Top with slices of Cacciocavallo cheese, grilled vegetables, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Bake in middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2158