Lamb Burgers with Fruity Relish
Have you ever tried a lamb burger? You may never look at a beef version the same after trying this version, subtly flavoured with nutmeg and thyme, and topped with onions and grated carrots.
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 pound) lean ground lamb
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg, beaten
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 whole-wheat English muffins
1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat an oven broiler or grill.
- For burgers, put the lamb into a large bowl. Add the carrot, onion, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, and thyme, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Add the egg and use your hands to mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 patties. Brush both sides of the burgers with oil, then put them in the grill pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- For relish, cut the peel and pith from the orange with a sharp knife, and, holding it over a medium bowl to catch the juice, cut between the membranes to release the segments. Roughly chop the segments and add them to the juice.
- Add the raspberries and sugar, lightly crushing the fruit with a fork to mix it together.
- Split the English muffins and toast lightly. Put a lamb burger on each muffin, then add some lettuce and a generous spoonful of relish. Serve with the remaining relish.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:874