Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes
Special diet :
1 clove garlic, chopped
300 ml (1¼ cups) 35% cream
675 g (1½ lb) Jerusalem artichokes
Dried sage, ground, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
300 ml (1¼ cups / 125 g) pastorella cheese, grated
75 ml (1/3 cup) bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Generously butter a 20 cm / 8-inch square baking dish. Place the garlic and cream in the buttered dish.
- Peel and slice the Jerusalem artichokes quickly so they don’t have time to discolour. Arrange them in the baking dish as you go. Season.
- Combine the cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake on middle rack for 25 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking another 15 minutes, or until the top is browned and the cooking liquid is bubbling.
- Let sit 10 minutes before servings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2388